Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Adventures of a 30-year-old Girl: Part 2

7.11.09

Today I planned to go swimming at my sister's house and then have dinner with family. I threw on some clothes, sloppily brushed my hair, ran some errands and drove over to my sister's for a quick swim. As we drove up to the house I saw a blow-up totem pole creeping up over their fence. Odd, I thought. Then as we walked into the backyard, friends and family screamed from the deck "SURPRISE!!!!" The first thing I thought was, "OMG, I didn't take a shower today."

My husband and my sister threw me a surprise birthday pool party/lua to celebrate my 30th. They're the greatest!





What a great way to kick off a new decade, with the people you love the most!


p.s. never leave the house looking like crap, you never know who you might see

4 comments:

  1. How fun!! That's so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really looks fun...what an adorable family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, it was a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! What a nice surprise:)

    ReplyDelete